Advanced Critical Care Echo Course
26th - 27th October 2021
Level Two Critical Care Transthoracic Echocardiography FUSIC HD & EDEC Accredited
This EDEC and FUSIC HD accredited course is aimed at clinicians who are scanning at a FUSIC/level one ability or have attended a FUSIC course. We aim to go beyond basic FUSIC scanning, introducing additional techniques to aid the assessment of critically ill patients. The course makes use of simulators, live model scanning and real case examples. An experienced faculty provide a high trainer to student ratio. Optional 3rd day to include basic TOE.
The Advanced Critical Care Echo Course includes
- Extended 2D TTE views
- An introduction to colour Doppler physics and machine controls
- Visual colour Doppler assessment of valves
- Use of spectral Doppler in assessment of haemodynamic state
- LV and RV assessment
- M-mode and 2D measurements
- Fluid status assessment
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Thu, 28 OctSt George's HospitalThis EDEC accredited course aims to teach TOE novices the basics of critical care TOE. No previous experience is required. Ideal for those with an interest in critical care echo or cardiac anaesthesia. £250 for one day TOE course.