Critical Care Transthoracic Echocardiography Course For Beginners
This one day course aims to introduce candidates to level 1 critical care TTE. As a fully FUSIC heart (Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care) approved course attendance will contribute towards FUSIC accreditation. The faculty are all experienced FUSIC mentors and the focus of the day is very much hands-on practice in small groups using live models, state of the art simulators and real case studies. Booking forms below.
As part of the FUSIC pre-course learning we recommend that you complete the ICE-BLU module online
The One Day FUSIC Course includes
- An introduction to ultrasound physics and machine "knobology"
- Learning and practicing the 4 basic transthoracic views
- Obtaining and interpreting base of lung views
- A beginners' guide to common pathology in critically ill patients
- How to recognise different haemodynamic states
- An introduction to echo guided critical care therapy
- Lots of hands-on experience
- A chance to start your FUSIC logbook
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Mon, 03 JulLondonBSE Level 1 Echo Course
- Wed, 06 DecLondonCritical Care Echo Conference. Half day of case presentations, interactive demonstrations and expert talks to broaden your echo knowledge. Nibbles and drinks included. Fetal Medicine Research Institute. Kings College London.