Critical Care Transthoracic Echocardiography Course For Beginners
This one day course aims to introduce candidates to level 1 critical care TTE. As a fully FUSIC heart (Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care) approved course attendance will contribute towards FUSIC accreditation. The faculty are all experienced FUSIC mentors and the focus of the day is very much hands-on practice in small groups using live models, state of the art simulators and real case studies. Booking forms below.
As part of the FUSIC pre-course learning we recommend that you complete the ICE-BLU module online
The One Day FUSIC Course includes
- An introduction to ultrasound physics and machine "knobology"
- Learning and practicing the 4 basic transthoracic views
- Obtaining and interpreting base of lung views
- A beginners' guide to common pathology in critically ill patients
- How to recognise different haemodynamic states
- An introduction to echo guided critical care therapy
- Lots of hands-on experience
- A chance to start your FUSIC logbook
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Mon, 24 AprSt George's HospitalTwo day FUSIC HD and EDEC accredited course for those who have attended a FUSIC course and wish to learn more about haemodynamic assessment of the critically ill with echo. £600 for the TTE course (2 days) £550 if attending the TOE course as well
- Wed, 26 AprSt George's HospitalThis EDEC and Focused TOE (fTOE) accredited course aims to teach TOE novices the basics of critical care TOE. No previous experience is required. Ideal for those with an interest in critical care echo or cardiac anaesthesia. £300 for one day TOE course £250 if attending with the Advanced TTE Course